About Me

My photo
Fayette Co, KY, United States
I am a country girl stuck in the city, for the time-being. I enjoy the country way of life, and practice that in my home as best I can by canning and preserving foods, cooking and baking from scratch, crocheting, living vicariously thru the many blogs I follow about country life. I enjoy learning about raising livestock, and glean from my past employment and personal experiences of working with animals to fuel some of my postings. I have 5 cats, who keep my life interesting. And I am also an amateur poet. Thanks for stopping by and checking out this Farmer-gal who is caught in town, for now.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Zucchini Bread Results

The zucchini bread turned out really well. It is extremely moist, almost like spoonbread, and I think that's due to the large amount of shredded zucchini in the mix. The walnuts were a nice touch. When you think of how moist it is, while it's cooking, and when it's done, you may think that it will be too doughy, but it isn't. I did let it bake for 60 minutes. I checked it with a toothpick inserted into the center after 50 minutes, but it needed just another little bit longer to get completely baked. And then at 60 minutes, the toothpick did come out clean. The sugar coating from the loaf pan adds a nice touch, and makes the crust a little chewy/crunchy, and a nice brown color. I did let it sit a while in the loaf pan before taking it out so it would set up a little, and it came out of the pan easily. And then let it cool on a wire rack. And the sweetness in the bread is not overpowering, like the recipes you sometimes run across when making a quick bread.

OK - enough of the critique for today. Hope you all enjoy this recipe. I'm on to bigger and better things for the day.

No comments: