About Me

My photo
Fayette Co, KY, United States
I am a country girl stuck in the city, for the time-being. I enjoy the country way of life, and practice that in my home as best I can by canning and preserving foods, cooking and baking from scratch, crocheting, living vicariously thru the many blogs I follow about country life. I enjoy learning about raising livestock, and glean from my past employment and personal experiences of working with animals to fuel some of my postings. I have 5 cats, who keep my life interesting. And I am also an amateur poet. Thanks for stopping by and checking out this Farmer-gal who is caught in town, for now.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Favorite Poem - The Red Wheelbarrow

Back in the Fall of 2004, I went back to college, and got a minor in English, studying mainly poetry. Here is one of my favorite poems by one of my favorite poets. It's a well known poem, I think, and is often quoted in poetry circles because of its simplicity.

The Red Wheelbarrow
by William Carlos Williams

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.


Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Take care, from KY.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Oh I just love it, thank you sweetie for sharing with us, I love poems, did a little bit of writing but nothing much, love yours, have a very blessed evening, Hugs Barbara

Kathy in KY said...

Thanks Barb - for stopping by to read one of my favorite poems. It seemed so appropriate for a "wanting-to-live-in-the-country" blog this morning. You should post some of your writings on your blog - it'd be neat to read them. You have a wonderfully blessed evening too, Miss Barb. Take care from Kathy in KY.

Sue from Ky. said...

Do you paint,too?I dabble in it a little, but mostly during the winter days when I can't get out to do much else.