About Me

My photo
Fayette Co, KY, United States
I am a country girl stuck in the city, for the time-being. I enjoy the country way of life, and practice that in my home as best I can by canning and preserving foods, cooking and baking from scratch, crocheting, living vicariously thru the many blogs I follow about country life. I enjoy learning about raising livestock, and glean from my past employment and personal experiences of working with animals to fuel some of my postings. I have 5 cats, who keep my life interesting. And I am also an amateur poet. Thanks for stopping by and checking out this Farmer-gal who is caught in town, for now.

Monday, August 9, 2010

BabyDoll-Bunny Yarn and a Doggy Afghan

I recently bought some yarn from Kelly at Romney Ridge Farm - it is a natural color yarn made of BabyDoll wool and Angora Bunny hair. Here is a photo of the yarn.


It is a kind of bulky weight, and extremely light and soft. I have to decide what I will make with it, but believe I will try and crochet at least one pair of socks for myself. Then decide what to do with the rest.

I've been working on a crocheted afghan throw for an online friend of mine who lives in Chicago. She has Chinese Crested dogs, and they have very little body hair, so chill easily in the Summer air conditioned home. I crocheted one afghan and sent it to her, and am now working on another. My friend, Ginger, picked out some great looking cotton yarn with colors known at Blueberry Fields. She found it at this website Knit One Crochet Too - it is the best cotton yarn I've ever crocheted with, and beautiful colors as well.

Here is a photo of what I have done so far on Payton's (Ginger's puppy) afghan - you can see the different colors of the yarn - what is known on the website as Ty Dy.


The afghan is going to end up being about 46 inches wide, and 27 inches long. It turned out wider than I had expected, but hopefully will work OK for Ginger, and especially for Payton!

Just something to share with ya'll that has been going on with me in Fayette Co KY lately.

Ya'll have a blessed Monday evening. Take care, from KY.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Pretty Yarns...

Marigold said...

Ha! What about Pinky? Does Pinky get a pink one???

Unknown said...

How sweet! Beautiful colours too.