About Me

My photo
Fayette Co, KY, United States
I am a country girl stuck in the city, for the time-being. I enjoy the country way of life, and practice that in my home as best I can by canning and preserving foods, cooking and baking from scratch, crocheting, living vicariously thru the many blogs I follow about country life. I enjoy learning about raising livestock, and glean from my past employment and personal experiences of working with animals to fuel some of my postings. I have 5 cats, who keep my life interesting. And I am also an amateur poet. Thanks for stopping by and checking out this Farmer-gal who is caught in town, for now.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ready . . . Set . . . Garden!

Yes, it's been forever since I've posted. Well, Spring has finally arrived to KY, and it's gardening time. My BFF Tina and I will be putting in a garden at her place. We are going to use the Square Foot Gardening method - but just how "square" our squares will be is the ultimate question. We have a fenced-in area where we will start our cool season veggies. We need to work the ground a bit, and lay down the sides of the "squares", then plant, water, mulch, etc. It's time to get the lettuce, peas, arugula, spinach, radishes, green onions, green beans, etc into the ground.



I have a balcony at my new apartment, and am thinking of putting some containers out there to grow a few things here. It just depends on how much work it takes to do Tina's and my garden. I figure we'll be pretty busy with the garden at her place. We just live a 5-minute drive from one another, so I know I'll be over there a lot once the garden gets going. I'll keep you all posted on the goings-on with the garden, and will have some pix to show our gardening adventures.



Stay tuned in.

1 comment:

Dog Trot Farm said...

Thank you for the kind comments regarding my girl's Gladys and Georgia, blogging friends are the best. Good luck with your garden adventures will be looking forward to photos! Julie of Dog Trot Farm